Julia School, Inc. has three primary objectives:
- To develop an afterschool core curriculum parallel to End-of-Grade requirements;
- To teach character traits to students that promotes development of social skills and manners;
- To provide afterschool enrichment activities for students ages four to nine years old.
Classes are conducted monthly and they are both educational and fun. The three basic rules are to Listen, Learn, and Laugh.
A Day at the School
School is held on the 2nd Sunday of each month, currently meeting at the Tarboro Road Community Center at 121 North Tarboro Street in Raleigh.
Each month has a different topic and educational focus. Recent topics have included Know Your Manners, Math Madness, and An Interview With a King where Reginald McClain portrayed Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Other monthly topics include:
- Student Self-Soul Searching
- Black History Month
- Children Can Cook
- Cultural Crossover
- Make Music
- Reading and Writing
- Morals and Manners makeover
- Technology Today
- Creative Crafts